Thursday, March 8, 2007

This Blog Is Accident Free For 2 Days!

Good news!  I did no damage to myself or others today. 

Now, a little of this and little of that:

In our master bathroom we have a big ol' jetted tub.  As far as I can tell, the jets don't work.  Nobody in our family takes baths on a regular basis so our tub's job is mainly ornamental.  Since no one uses it, I sometimes forget that it needs to be cleaned.  I'm guessing it's a sign you've waited too long when the act of cleaning it actually makes it dirtier.  Turns out that when you add liquid of any kind--even a cleaning liquid--to a totally dusty tub, it makes mud.  Well, mud and giant wet lint balls.  Then you have to let it dry until eventually you can kind of sweep it clean.  I guess I really should just vacuum the damn thing in the first place.  Do other people vacuum their bathtubs?  Does Mr. Clean make a vacuum?

*****

Ritu and I went out to lunch the other day and as we were walking across the parking lot, I grabbed his arm and said, "Make it stop!"  He followed my gaze and saw the source of my horror.  There was a woman wearing a flouncy knee length denim skirt over--shudder--fishnet leggings.  Let that sink in for a moment.  They were a wide fishnet pattern and there was a band of solid black around her ankles.  They looked like this.  I can't begin to describe how wrong it was.  Especially given the fact that this woman had to be as old as I am.  We're talking Autumn Chicken here, people.  The Fug Girls would've lost their shit had they seen it.  Sure, I know I'm supposed to celebrate the fact that she didn't care what other people thought, but--no.  Just NO.

*****
I'm thinking of buying some new bedding for Juliana. Which of these two do you like best:  Cats or Dreamsicles?  She just turned 7 if that helps with your decision making.  My mother (Hi Mom!) saw the cat one and said it might be too "young" for her.  Juliana likes this one, but I think it's both too grown up and too ugly.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the cats bedding best. It's got a mild Groovy Girls (or is that spelled with a "z"?) vibe to it. I could never go to sleep amidst a constant barrage of ice cream imagery. Too delicious to relax.  

Anonymous said...

I agree with Juliana. Go for the leopard! My 9 year-old daughter fell in love with leopard print two years ago (at Juliana's age), and still loves her bedding. In fact, I may show her the stuff you have linked, Janet! The other two samples seem awfully young for Juliana. Are you dreaming of keeping her at this beautiful age, Janet? I can't say I blame you--she's so lovely. She's my favorite blog topic on your blog!  Susan T.

Anonymous said...

P.S. It's important to consider how you accessorize the leopard print in the rest of the room. We found that using a contrasting print with it was really cool-looking. It also looks great with a darker pink, like fuschia. We also put a lot of red accents.

Anonymous said...

You're such a mean mom not letting her have what she wants.  <snicker>  I think the cat one is cute, but I agree with your mom that it's sort of young.  This bedding cracked me up:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_9/602-8488578-7553452?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000CSBWI4

Have you thought about doing a solid color comforter and then doing the pillows & accersories in a print ??  So maybe get her a coordinating solid that will go with the leopard print accents ??  Maybe then it won't seem so old cause it won't be so much ??  And easier to change if she gets sick of it ??

Anonymous said...

I like this: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_10/601-7407212-5759317?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000BLMK7O


(ignore the fact that its called "preppy".)

Anonymous said...

Monkeys are evil.  She must not get the monkey bedding, as it will kill her in her sleep.  After rounding up any clowns on hand.  The cats are sweet, but too young.  I love the popsicles, myself.  the leopard is fug.  Do you have an Ikea?  They have fun bedding, cheap enough that you can change it up before too long.

What is UP with dirty bathtubs, anyway.  I mean, they're full of water and soap, right?  Cripes.  If that can't stay clean, what hope has the rest of my house?

Fishnet belongs on nets for catching fish and cafeteria hair nets.  No where else.

Anonymous said...

I'm partial to the Target/Preppy line b/c that is what Mag has (she got it at age 8).  I couldn't do leopard either, but is just me.

Congrats on an accident free day!

Anonymous said...

Have you considered this:  http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_10/602-3868005-2655816?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000B7OTW2


or this?:  http://www.searsroomforkids.com/roomforkids/prod_display1.asp?product=81056&PID=68&partner=

Still leopard, but not as grown up....or ugly. :-)