Saturday, March 3, 2007

Proud Moments

Here are a few of my recent proud moments:

On Monday, I was retrieving laundry from the washer.  Unbeknownst to me, the cabinet door above the washer was slightly ajar.  I straightened up and cracked my head so hard on its edge that my teeth actually collided with a loud clackity sound.  I had to put an ice thingy on my head.  Also, I had to think long and hard about crying.

Last week I was slicing an apple for David when I managed to slice right into my thumb nail.  My friend Jimmy recently sharpened some of our knives.  Originally I took it as a thoughtful gesture.  But providing me with sharp knives?  I'm thinking this may be his attempt to get away with the perfect crime.

This morning I was using the sprayer to rinse out the sink.  I used my right hand to replace it in the little holder and somehow sprayed cold water directly onto my right elbow.  Underneath two layers of long-sleeved shirts.  My wrist and cuffs were perfectly dry.  How is that even possible? 

In other news, David took the right shoes to soccer this morning.  And pancakes were enjoyed by all.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If anyone ever needed a human-sized hamster-ball-thingie, it's you, Janet.  Until I find one, please wrap yourself in those airbubble things that come with your Amazon packages.  And wear oven mitts.  And a bike helmet.  Oh yeah, a mouth guard might be a nice touch too.  

High fives to David.

Anonymous said...

Heee! I think you need to follow Amy's advice.

WHAT was Jimmy thinking? sharp knives.....doh!

Anonymous said...

I want to watch the hose-the-elbow-without-wetting-the-sleeve trick.  That is true magic.