Monday, March 12, 2007

A Couple More Things

First of all, thank you for all the feedback on the bedding.  Although, I must say you people are ever so slightly maddening.

Me:  Which do you like best? A or B?
You All:  C!  D!  E!  F!  G!

I'm guessing you don't do well on True or False tests.

However, I think Tina may be on to something with the following link:  Simply Wild.
Target seems to have the same bedding, but the Sears link shows it in purple as well.  This is a compromise I may be willing to make. 

*****
As you know, I am terrible about making phone calls.  But I've had this pain in my left shoulder/arm/elbow/wrist/hand for about three weeks now.  Sometimes I'll wear my splint and that helps, sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes I'll spend 3 or 4 days taking Aleve and that helps.  Sometimes is seems like it's coming from my neck, sometimes it feels like it's a repetitive stress sort of thing because typing aggravates it.  Sometimes it involves really dramatic tingling in my fingers.  It took me a while to make the connection that this may be the cause of it all.  I discounted that idea because I'd fallen on my right side and all the pain was on my left.   Turns out both sides are connected.  Der.  Today I finally put in a call to my doctor.  We had the following conversation:

Me:  I'd like to make an appointment with Dr. So-and-So.
Receptionist:  Oh, she isn't at this office any longer.
Me:  Where is she now?
Receptionist:  We don't know.  We're waiting to hear from her.
Me: You mean you lost her?
Receptionist: She hasn't been with us since February 1st.

They offered me an appointment with a Physician's Assistant that I politely declined.  I don't have a problem with Physician's Assistants.  I have a problem with doctors who disappear and leave their patients in the dark about it.  This was the first primary care doctor I've had in years.  With all the moving we've done, I went maybe 7 years with only having  OB/GYNs.  That combined with a physician husband who could sneak me into the Emergency Department as needed worked for awhile, but I was thrilled to have a doctor of my own. 

Looks like I'm starting from scratch again. I'd really like to bitch some more about this whole thing, but my fingers are starting to tingle.....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new bedding - perfect compromise.  That is just bizarre about your dr disappearing like that. It's so hard to find a good one.  Tell Ritu to fix it.  Feel better.

Anonymous said...

Geez, if you are a therapist and just leave your practice, it's called abandonment and people can be severely censured or even lose their licenses.  Now, tell the truth, did you do something to make your doctor leave?  Like tell her you can't take your own pulse because it's too icky?