Monday, October 1, 2007

This And That

I was at Target today looking for Halloween decorations for my yard when I noticed that nearly every item I picked up had the following warning on the back:

Prop 65 Warning: This product contains lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.

Uh, yeah.  Happy Halloween!  The best I could figure was that it applied to decorations with electrical wiring coated for outdoor use.  But, see, once I'm given a warning like that I either develop OCD and have to wrap myself in Saran Wrap before I can touch it OR I have the opposite inclination and find myself strangely compelled to floss with the lead-caked cord.  (Possibly these are two ends of the same spectrum.)  Needless to say, in the interest of safety, I didn't buy anything. 

**********
I hate when I google to see if Spots and Emma can safely have a certain type of fresh vegetable and instead of getting a list of Guinea Pig Approved Foods, I get something like this or this

**********
Overheard today at Target:

Manager (talking to female employee):  Now do you understand that before you can clean the bathroom you have to make sure ALL the men are out first?

**********
Hey, my cousin is in a music video!!  He's the shirtless guy at the bar.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

<sputter>  flossing with the lead caked cord?  Oh my God.  There is something amiss in your head.  I mean, I understand the inclination exactly....but I would never think of flossing.  Chewing on it, sure.  Like licorice strings.

Anonymous said...

<snort>  Licorice was the exact other image I was going to use. LOLOL  

Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm totally going to hurl now.  Thanks for MAKING me click those links and reading that stuff.  :::shudder:::