Friday, October 26, 2007

Speaking of Rain

If you listen to any sort of mainstream radio, you've probably heard the Rihanna song Umbrella.  I don't mind Rihanna (they play a lot of her songs on Radio Disney--which reminds me--nobody Named That Tune on my birthday post!) but Umbrella was always just a big whatever to me. Here's a link to it.




 Then one of our local radio stations started playing an acoustic version of it by Marie Digby that showed up on her Myspace page and then Youtube.  (Yes, I know it was a little controversial because people thought she was an unknown and she turned out to be an unknown with a recording contract.) Here's a link to her video.  I can't even tell you how much I love this version of the song.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aly and AJ, "Potential Breakup Song"  I win!!

Anonymous said...

Ding! Ding! Ding!  Deana wins!!  

Anonymous said...

singin with ya.........ella, ella, ella, eh, eh, eh.........I LOVE that version too. I randomly caught Marie's version on the radio and wondered how she got away with it. It sounds so pure and not overproduced like the Rihanna version.

And thanks, now I have 'Potential Breakup Song' streaming through my head. GAH