Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It's Been Six Years And I'm Still Bitter

Ritu just called from a fundraising event he's attending.  When I answered, he said, "Somebody here wants to talk to you" and put me on the phone with Joshua Malina!  He was the featured speaker at the event and we've been following his career since his days on Sports Night.   He was very sweet and chatted with me for a few minutes.  He said my husband was "a good man".   (Besides being a good man, he is also the King of Schmoozers, so I'm not the least bit surprised that he'd managed to connect with the guest of honor.  It amazes me how Ritu will talk to ANYbody.  I'm all about sitting on the sidelines  watching things happen--and usually making snide comments-- while he gets right into the middle of the action.)  When Ritu got back on the phone, he said that Joshua had been sitting behind him during the poker tournament, so he'd gotten to talk to him a lot and that he'd been very gracious throughout the evening. 

As the giddiness starts to fade, I'm left with this:  WHY THE HELL DID THEY CANCEL SPORTS NIGHT? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree!  I LOVED Sports Night.  Tell Ritu to keep schmoozing.....

Anonymous said...

LOL - that was a good show.  Now tell Ritu to go and Schmooze with the cast of Grey's Anatomy so we can figure out what the 'code black' is.  <g>  Oh and I suck, but I don't really recognize Joshua Malina, he looks sorta familiar, but nope.  I should know who he is, he's worked on a couple of things that my dad did.  Hm.

Anonymous said...

He was on West Wing, too Jen.  Janet's a name droppy name dropper.  But consider yourself lucky.  I get to sit and hear STeve carry on about what a smug asshole Anderson Cooper is.  Almost every night.  yay.