Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Nature Vs. Nurture?

I should be mopping my floors, but I'm taking a minute out to post.  Ritu had his knee surgery just over a week ago and this is the first day since then that everyone has cleared out of my house by 8:45 THE WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO. 

Here's a quick list of some of my latest, amazing accomplishments:

1.  I picked up David's metal wastebasket to prepare for Roomba-ing and whacked my shin with it hard enough to leave a bruise. 

2.  I went to floss my teeth and somehow managed to gouge my chin with my thumbnail.

3.  I knocked over a mostly full bottle of Lipton's Green Tea all over my kitchen floor.

Now, to understand a little bit about how I got to be the way I am, I'd like to share this email I got from my mother last week.  It was entitled:  My Day Thus Far At 1:00.

I took my travel mug and filled it with coffee.  I started to drive to Staples, where I had to buy some things before work.  I tried to drink some coffee.  About 1/4 of it spilled alllll over my car as the lid wasn't on straight.  <sigh>  I fixed the lid, parked at Staples and took another drink of coffee. About 1/4 of it spilled alllll over my jacket, my pants, and my carseat as the lid wasn't on straight. <swearing>
I used about 1/2 large box of Kleenex to dry things off and pretend that I hadn't wet my pants.  I fixed the lid again.
 
I bought things, which I held discretely in front of me,  at Staples, and left and drove to work.
 
I set my 1/2 cup of coffee on my desk and hurried to answer the phone.  About 1/2 of the remaining coffee spilled alllll over my desk as I knocked over the mug.  <loud swearing>
 
Now there is a meeting in the Rabbi's office.  She asked me about something, and I set my container of salad down to look for it.  The remaining 1/3 of my salad spilled alllll over the rug as I had set the container mostly on air.  <can't really swear with people here: teeth gnashing>
 
I'm a little afraid to drive home and walk the dog later.  I think I'll take my insurance card with me.

I really never stood a chance, did I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Janet. I'm soo sorry. It truly is genetics.  It's no consolation, I'm sure, but do know you aren't alone.. I have a true knack for walking into door jambs and immovable objects, like my dining table that seats 10.