Sunday, April 22, 2007

Duh

Friday afternoon our internet service went out.  The rest of the computer worked like a charm, but nothing would connect to the internet.  Ritu fiddled around with it that evening, but he had to go to work Saturday morning.  I was home all day with the kids as David was sick, so David and I spent some time making sure that everything was firmly inserted into the power strip and that all the little pluggy thingies were fully connected to the back of the CPU, modem, and router.  All indications were that everything was connected, but still nothing.  From work, Ritu checked the Verizon home page, but there was no notice of an outage in our area.  David kept bugging me to call Verizon, but yesterday was a day when the pull of gravity on my ass was ramped up to High, so my motivation was limited.  (My time on the couch was well spent, though.  I got the current New Yorker completely read.)  Finally Ritu came home and messed with things some more before realizing that he'd accidentally unplugged the modem on Friday.  Since it plugs into a random outlet and not the power strip, I didn't even think to look at it.  Plus, the modem was making blinky green lights the whole time.  My point is that we are all too stupid to live.

And while we're on the topic, how about a list of things I've managed to do lately?

1.  After my shower, I always wiggle a q-tip around in my ear.  (Yes, I know you aren't supposed to, but imagine if everything in life was as satisfying as that q-tip in your ear.)  Somehow--I think I was brushing my hair out of my way--I accidentally whacked the end of the q-tip so hard that it nearly shot out the other side. 


2.  Ritu is having knee surgery on Tuesday.  You may recall that he had it done last April as well.  We're hoping this one has better results.  On Friday I filled his prescription for post-op pain meds and picked up his crutches.  While unloading the crutches from the back of the van, I lost my grip and the top of one hit me right in the eye.  Now I know what those foam covers are really for.

3.   Guinea pigs love a little bit of fresh fruit as a treat.  It sends them a bit of a mixed message however when, while cutting some apple,  I manage to drop the paring knife into the cage.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

<laughing till tears are running down my face about the qtip mishap>  I have done the same thing....just never had the nerve to tell anyone.  Perhaps that's why I can't hear well out of one ear.

As for bonking yourself with a crutch and fillet-ing a pig...you're on your own with those.

Anonymous said...

Oh, god, I'm sorry but it's just so poetic to think of you becoming incapacitated by crutches. I hope the neighbors got a good look at that, because it sounds priceless.

Anonymous said...

Would it be better if I said 'I'm not laughing at you; I'm laughing with you'.

Anonymous said...

You know, of course, that the day I had the cream cheese on my nose I TOTALLY thought of you.