Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New Year, Same Sweet Song

Juliana got a big mylar heart-shaped balloon free at Safeway the day after Valentine's Day.  On Monday she was hugging it to her and singing this song:

When I hug a big heart
It feels like I am kissing love
When it's bigger than my face
I hug it and it feels so good
Especially when I kiss the word love
I will sing a hug-a-by for everyone
I will sing a hug-a-by with a great big hug
When I hug a big heart
I give it a big hug-a-by
I'm full of love!


Now, I'll admit that it doesn't have quite the same poetic lilt as this song, but it's nice to know that another year of life hasn't beaten her down in any way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh! How do you DO that? How do you raise kids that are so HAPPY?! To give you a contrasting thought, here's a "joke" that Enzo told the other night:

Q. What did Grandma say when she got all cut in pieces by a big knife?
A. AAAAHHH HEEELLP I'm all cut up! Put me back together.

Nobody EVER sang a song about love in my house.

Anonymous said...

What to say what to say?  Watch out for adolescence!  I have NEVER seen a child so filled with hearts and love and hugs and butterflies.

Now, Jen, which Grandma was Enzo singing about cutting up?  Hmmm?

Anonymous said...

Oh man, she's a scream, Janet.  I'm kind of with JenGrappone, though, what the heck is going on in your house?  You're definitely not a the huggy/lovey type (which is not to say you're unkind or anything, but your worldview is why I heart you) ... is it the water?  You're going to make us all attend performance art stuff when Juliana is older, aren't you?  I'll come, but I can't promise that I won't heckle.