Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Vote In Favor Of Online Shopping

Well, I managed to outdo myself today. 

This morning I had the chance to go shopping and have lunch with a girlfriend.  It was one of the rare chances I've had to be out and about like a grown up all summer long.  We went to an art festival where we browsed to our heart's content.  Then we did some shopping.  You know how some days nothing fits or even looks worth trying on?  Today I was having an "on" day.  I found things I liked that fit, looked good, and were even on sale.  I tell you, I was on a roll.  We stopped to have lunch at a nice restaurant overlooking the water.  My friend put it perfectly when she described our day as "civilized". 

After lunch we decided to continue shopping.  We wandered into an Anthropologie type store that I  would never usually bother with.  But I was on a hot streak!  I decided to try on some trendy tops to see if the magic would continue.  As I pulled one over my head, the collar sort of flipped and the price tag, which was made of heavy duty card stock flew up and hit me in the face.  I checked for damage in the mirror, and sure enough, the tag had sliced the edge of my nostril.  I was actually bleeding.  And did I have a tissue in my purse?  Of course not.  My friend offered to get me one, but all she could come up with was a paper towel.  The good news is that I managed to not bleed on any of the merchandise.  The bad news is that I had to walk back to the car with a wadded up, bloody paper towel pressed to my face.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least it was a paper towel your guardian angel found and not a tampon! :)S

Anonymous said...

OHMIGOD....bloodied by a price tag?  Do not EVER set foot into a plant nursery. Or a hardware store.  Or a butcher shop.  Or an upholstery shop.

Oh just stay at home in your plastic bubble.

Anonymous said...

Only you!!!  LOLOL!

Anonymous said...

yeah.  See, I might never have made it to the store as I would have knocked over some lovely art at the festival and gone home in shame.  So kudos to you for making it so long.

Anonymous said...

And this blog takes another step in becoming all-mishap stories, all the time...  Shows that even an "on" day can bring freak accidents.  Maybe the universe was telling you to stay away from hoity-toity stores.