Thursday, June 19, 2008

Moving Forward

Well, it's been a week.  The mirrors are all uncovered again and we're moving forward. Thank you all for your kind words.  Sarah, your poem was especially awesome!  I'm going to cut and paste it here so everyone has a chance to see it.
 
                   A TRIBUTE TO EMMA

                  Emma, Emma, the beloved pet
                  Emma, Emma, they took you to the vet
                  Your passing has left a sad, sombre mood
                  Dying......not the best way to show your gratitude

                  Emma, Emma, sweetest little pig I never did meet
                  Emma, Emma, the blogs about you were always a treat
                  Yes, Indy's blogs about you were always fanatic and kind
                  Yet, sometimes I wondered, "Has she lost her mind??"

                  Emma, Emma, blog readers shared in your life through internet post
                  Emma, Emma, your passing will therefore be felt coast to coast
                  You've been immortalized by Indy whose blogs were funny and savvy
                  I just pray she's forgotten about wanting that big, gawky cavy!

                  So, dear Emma, on to greener pastures you go
                  You were truly the bestest guinea pig I never did know


Emma is buried under a tree in the backyard (and well, there were a lot of roots under that tree which made it hard to dig, so she may be more like planted than buried) and Juliana made a lovely marker for it.

I've got a bunch of houseguests coming tonight for the weekend, so I've been busy getting ready for that.  In the meantime, here are a few picture.  This was taken the morning of the surgery.  I commented on Juliana's cute outfit and she informed me that she had "dressed like Emma".





She was an excellent piggy.  We all miss her little tilty head.  I miss the way she would nuzzle into my hair and lick my chin.  I think by middle of next week we''ll start looking for a new companion for Spots.  She's seemed rather subdued, and I think a friend would help.



Edited to add: Sorry for the tiny pictures.  My pictures were showing up as red blocks (not even just the dreaded red X) and then when I went to try and add them again, they were red blocks on Snapfish!  They look fine as thumbnails, but when I try to see the larger view, I get a big red block.  So all I could post were the thumbnails.  Any ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I think I may wheep wheep.  Get it?  Guinea pig humor.  I'm so sorry. Poor li'l Emma.  I will be very very sad when my, I mean, our girls go to the big hay bale in the sky.

Good to see you back, though.  I'd missed you.

And snapfish is possessed right now.  I don't know why.

Anonymous said...

You may be wheep wheeping, but I am wheek wheeking!  I guess it all depends on the timbre of the particular pig.

Yes, we miss Emma greatly, but I sense a new pig adventure is just around the corner.  It's almost too quiet in Janet's house without the constant excruciatingly annoying rattle of the pigs' water bottle.