Saturday, June 23, 2007

Happy Summer!

For those of you who care, I am still here!  I keep thinking I'll wait until I have some real time to write which means that maybe come October I'll get something posted.  We made it through David's birthday party and the ballet recital unscathed, then celebrated the end of school by driving straight to the airport to visit my new nephew in St. Louis  for the weekend.  I have pictures of all these things on our new camera, but my life has been such that I can't seem to find the time to locate the cord and thus get them from the camera to the computer.  And David faithfully wrote all his thank you notes nearly a week ago and I've yet to get them into envelopes, addressed and mailed. 

I spent the first half of the week playing catch-up around the house from being out of town, and the second half working on a garage sale held by our Relay For Life team.  Unfortunately, I'm convinced all the work I'm doing in the name of cancer research is causing me to sprout a tumor.

The good news is that my jaw is pretty much healed and it only took five nights of valium.  Which means I still have 15 tablets left for anyone who'd like to make me an offer.

Next week should be calmer, but then we leave town for a week over the holiday.  Ritu suggested not bringing the computer, but once I calmly explained how I was looking forward to some leisurely writing time and let him out of that headlock, he seemed to understand.

Despite my laundry list of complaints, I am so happy not to be selling a house this summer that it all just bounces right off me.  I hate to post and run, but the garage sale needs my expert help in dragging tables and hauling boxes.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sis! Glad to see you back in the blogosphere! Good job curing cancer and all that.

Anonymous said...

Yay you're back, sort of.  Wanna trade some of that valium for soap?  I think that might be the key to keeping my sanity this summer. ;)