Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Did I Mention?

So, did I mention that while standing in a sandwich shop on Friday, I convinced myself that I was pregnant?

There are many, many solid reasons why I am not pregnant.  For one, my husband had a vasectomy.  Secondly, I am clinically infertile and only get pregnant when I am completely caffeine-free and taking Clomid.  Third, I am never completely caffeine-free.  I believe that my great love of coffee may have something to do with its contraceptive properties. 

And yet.  Last Monday night I had a dream that I was very newly pregnant.  I was so excited and couldn't wait to tell everyone.   I'm blaming the dream on having just spent those days with my baby nephew.  But I take dreams fairly seriously and both times I was pregnant, I correctly dreamed the sex of the baby.

Secondly, I have been bone-dead tired for a week.  I did have one of the busiest weeks of my life last week which probably has something to do with it.  We were so busy that for two days I couldn't even get to the store to get milk.  And my house was so neglected that while watching Stomp perform with  pushbrooms on Saturday night, I was completely distracted by thoughts of how filthy my wood floors were. (For the record, Stomp is one of those things that having now seen it, I'll never feel the urge to see again.)

Thirdly, I've been craving roast beef.  David recently learned to like deli roast beef and since he only introduces about two new foods into his repertoire per year, I made sure to go buy some.  I ate roast beef sandwiches two days in a row for lunch, then when I was at the sandwich shop and they couldn't make me the pizza sub I wanted (Their toaster had broken the day before.  Losers.), I scanned the board and immediately chose roast beef.  I never choose roast beef.  I always get turkey.  That's when it hit me.  The last time I craved roast beef was the week before I found out I was pregnant with Juliana.  We'd had relatives come in from out of town for David's second birthday and we'd stocked up on sandwich fixings.  One morning I found myself eating the roast beef straight out of the bag for breakfast.  Four days later I was holding a positive pregnancy test.

If it turns out I am pregnant, I will happily choose a random commenter to name andraise the baby!  Feel free to email me with updates on the baby's life and I'll post them here!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO !!  I want the baby !!  <snort>  Speaking of baby names, I just read this article yesterday about how some dumb asses in New Zealand (I think) wanted to name their baby '4real'.  WTF ??  A judge denied them, saying that you can't start a baby's name with a number ... so can you have it in the middle then ?  LOL.  I also learned that in France, you have to pick from an approved list.  And of course here, there are 2 kids named ESPN.  So, if you are pregnant, just name the baby RedWing and it'll all be good to go !!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your brand new bundle of insanity. Don't choose me -  I'm done raising babies.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for all of us.  I think.  (I don't know nothing about raising no babies.)
I would choose to name a child Donnie or Ronnie or Bonnie or all three.
You're welcome.

Anonymous said...

I say have a girl and send Fiona to Amy in FL :)

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know, I'm going to giggle for a good long while if you actually ARE pregnant.

In the meantime, enjoy the roast beef, it is yummy!!!!

Anonymous said...

:) First thought:  "Ah, the art of distraction...now the embarrassing girls' weekend moment is long gone."  Then my thoughts turned to: "Perhaps the embarrassing girls' weekend moment involved a hot Chippendale dancer, caffeine free soda and an unnatural hormone rush...........ending in this Blog.  Poor, poor Ritu!  :)S

Anonymous said...

better you than me, my friend.