Friday, March 14, 2008

Blah Blah Blog

Let's see, where have I been and what have I been doing?

For starters, the Zoloft has reached a nice, therapeutic level.  Oh, did I forget to mention my clinical depression and need to start on meds?  Ooops. Silly me.  The good news is that I'm feeling like my old self again and only drag out the depression diagnosis when I need some sympathy (like forgiveness for sporadic blogging) or to get out of something (like being on the PTA board).

In general things have been going well.  I was busy with Juliana's birthday (and yes, rest assured she did indeed receive mechanical pencils along with her olives) and then we spent a weekend in San Francisco to witness my niece do a spectacular job at her bat mitzvah.  After that we had science fair projects to finish, a viola concert, and the beginning of the spring soccer season.  In addition to all my regular school and synagogue volunteering, I'm taking an adult ed class through the synagogue that meets twice a month. 

Also, we're still working on the office.  You'll remember that I finally finished removing the wallpaper.  Did I show pictures of the walls now painted in official licensed University of Michigan colors?  Ritu and I (and Ron The Floor Guy) decided to put down a cork floor in the office.  We felt it would reflect the mood of the room better than a more formal wood floor.  Plus, fraction of the price, people.  I grew up in a house that had a cork family room floor, so I was all for it.  We chose a nice dark color that looks almost like leather.  Ron came and installed it and put down an extra coat of polyurethane which was great until two days later then the polyurethane began to separate from the cork.  I am not kidding when I say that you could peel the polyurethane off like you were peeling dried Elmer's glue off of your hands.  I am also not kidding when I say that the kids were actually asking to help peel the floor.  Trusty Ron came right back over and (with our enthusiastic help) spent two days getting the coating peeled off.  He put down a different type of polyurethane which seems to be holding thus far.  Ritu put together the Ikea desk that's been in boxes since November and we plan to start moving furniture in this weekend.

Lastly, I've started watching America's Next Top Model.  Seems like everyone I know watches it and I've never been organized enough to get in on the beginning of a season.  Oh, what delicious fun!  I could do without all the squealing though.

I'm off to take pics of the office.  I'll try to get them uploaded soon but please remember that  <insert weak eye-blinking here> I am clinically depressed.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't save a corner of the cork floor for me to peel. I bet you threw out bubble wrap that you had sitting around, too.   Geez.

Anonymous said...

Zoloft............well. thank God you didn't marry Tom Cruise when he asked you.     :)S

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet, you're back!  Good for you on the zoloft.  I'm just now officially OFF my meds (couple years of Lexapro), and I'm so grateful to have had them.  As is my family...

And welcome to the Top Model family.  Your meat bikini will arrive via Fed Ex.