Sunday, November 25, 2007

Canada Wet

The good news is that I didn't trip and/or  fall in any airports on our way home yesterday.  No, I decided to go with my second favorite air travel activity which is liquid related.  Just as walking with Juliana carries a certain risk, so does sitting next to her on a plane.  Unless you observe constant vigilance, there is going to be some mopping up in your future.  Before the drink cart even came around, we'd determined that she had a faulty tray table.  It wouldn't return to it's upright and locked position without a huge amount of force (something the woman sitting in front of Juliana was thrilled to discover) so I told Juliana that we would share mine.  I was secretly pleased by this turn of events because it allowed me to micromanage her drink with minimal fuss.  She chose Ginger Ale which sounded so good that I decided to have some as well.  Also, that way we could share one can between us which limited the amount of time we engaged in the drinking portion of the flight.  I poured us each some ginger ale and let me tell you, it was as crisp and refreshing as could be.  I kept her drink level fairly low but she didn't question me.  I felt good enough about the process to go back to my New Yorker.  What I had overlooked was the fact that my tray table had its own fault.  Unbeknownst to me, it was more of a ramp than a platform and my drink (which was fuller and thus heavier) slowly slid down the surface and tipped over into my lap.  You can imagine how graceful I was as I tried to scoop ice out of body crevices all the while being strapped to my seat and wedged in by the tray table.  I got up and went to the bathroom to try and dry off.  I went back to my seat and reported that it looked like I had peed my pants.  Juliana cracked up.  I mock-glared at her and pointed out that I didn't think it was too funny.  She responded with, "But Mommy, bathroom things just always seem funny.  Haven't you ever noticed that?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROFL - (note to self:  Never fly with Janet)

Great visual.