Monday, September 24, 2007

Getting Closer

Thank you to everyone who has helped with the wristband search!  I've finally gotten a lead.  I have to give credit to Robyne who didn't find the exact one, but sent me a link for a type of bracelet called namelets which eventually led me to google "namebands"  which got me to the manufacturer  (History and Heraldry)  which led me to this site where I can buy an complete floor display containing 256 names.  But the only place I can find to buy an individual band online is this British ebay seller.  So, I emailed the company headquarters to see if they could tell me of a store in my area that carries the display.  I had an email first thing this morning from a lovely woman named Abby who didn't have anything here but told me to send her more cities and zip codes, so now I'm having her check the entire states of Oregon and Washington. 

In the meantime, if any of you go to a gift type store and see one of these displays, pick me up one with David's name on it and I will happy reimburse you!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.  Maybe you should mention that if someone picks one up for you that it should NOT be in a bright pastel color as the ones on that rack seem to be.  As I recall, David's was camoflauge in color.  And by golly, I don't believe for a minute that I spelled that color thing correctly.

Anonymous said...

You should give the lady madison, wi too!

Anonymous said...

dude, give her burbank, ca ... and palm desert, ca ... rancho mirage, ca ... palm springs, ca ... cathedral city, ca ... north hollywood, ca ... I'll find zips if you need them.  anywhere near any of those & I can get it for you.

Anonymous said...

Did you see this site on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PERSONALIZED-CUSTOM-SILICONE-RUBBER-WRISTBAND-BRACELET_W0QQitemZ320161691976QQcmdZViewItem